Friday, March 14, 2008

Anticipating A Reunion

Today, I am going to Smith Rock for the weekend with a climbing class. It will be the first time I've been back there since my accident. I'm going down a day early to have some "alone time" so that I can begin to make peace with myself and the place.

The last time I was there, I was being evacuated/rescued from my fall. I remember looking around the park as I was being hauled out, looking up at the rocks, still quite in shock and disbelief. My last impressions of the place were of pain, disbelief, and a slow-motion. surreal fog.

My plan is to walk to the base of the climb where I fell, sit there and see what happens inside of me.

I joked with some friends last night that maybe I would kick the rocks a few times.

"Take that!"

And wouldn't it be funny if I then ended up breaking my toe and coming out of there with a toe splint.

No, I don't think I'll be kicking anything.

It's peace I want.


In thinking about all of this, these words came into my head the other day and evoked some strong emotion, which I will try to remember this weekend....

"Tamara, you have suffered enough.... "

In my head and heart, I will be holding these words and feelings of compassion, of self-forgiveness, of peace.

It is time to let go.

No comments: